Sunday, June 3, 2012

Never stop asking...


I have no intention of turning my bog into a daily diary. However, I just felt that on the recent Friday (1st of June), which was meant to be very special for me and my friends actually did not turn out to be very exciting. May be I felt so, may be I no longer “Rock” or may be I never “rocked”. I wanted to write something special but nothing special came to me. I don’t know if I am wrong but I failed to maintain the charm of the day. However, very unexpectedly, I came across something very special the very next day.

After having a blog dedicated to my own inspiration, I discovered this Saturday that I had been an inspiration to someone! Someone, in a program (Farewell program to the Batch of 2012-2012 of Himalayan WhiteHouse Int’l College, where I was invited as the Guest of Honor) revealed an incident when I came to know that I had been a spark of inspiration to….. just guess………………………………a teacher during my grade 11 at Himalayan White House International College.

Seems unusual. But I was delighted to know that I had been the spark for a change in the life of a teacher. He shared how I had been the source if motivation and inspiration to him. Here’s how:

I had accidentally entered into a class during my first class into another section’s class where Dr. Jiwan Adhikary was teaching Nepali Vyakaran. I keen listened to what he taught and after some time, I raised a question on the topic that was being taught. Unfortunately or rather fortunately (as you will realize a little later as you go on reading) Jiwan sir wasn’t really updated on that topic and he felt that he could not answer the question to the fullest with what he knew then.  However, I had no intention of embarrassing him or asking him just anything out of the blue. It is my habit and nature to ask what I don’t understand, outright and frankly.

Dr. Jeewan Adhikari
The next day I wasn’t present in his class because as I shared earlier, I had accidentally entered into a wrong class (what a dumb am I?). Jiwan sir inquired about me in the class and came to know that I was the student of another section/group.

Now, can you anticipate what role could this simple incident play in someone’s life, especially in the teacher’s life? Let me share with you what Jiwan sir revealed after such a long break (so much as 6 or 7 years), in the program where we met again, yet again accidentally! I had a very healthy conversation with him that day when he told me, “Vipul, do you remember the day when we met for the first time in the class for a short span of time? Do you know- that the very next day I took the ordeal of collecting the best of the books available over the topic that you raised the question and updated myself so well that now I can answer anything and everything to my satisfaction.”

I was simply speechless! I thought to myself, how deep difference just a “question” could make. Of course, my question and my short presence in the class turned out to be very fortunate enough, fortunate too much for Jiwan sir and spill-over effect, fortunate for me too. I am fortunate to know that I had been a “change-agent” in the life of my teacher. I am thankful to Jiwan Sir, for sharing with me this particular incidence which will of course remain unforgettable for the rest of my life. I thank you sir, from the bottom of my heart, for taking me so seriously.


I wanted to share this fresh incident the very day in the mass and gathering there but the crowd did not excite me to share my words there. I had a doubt that my loud words there would go into deaf ears (because everyone there was in a party and cheerful and excited mood). So I opted instead to share it loud, here with my most valued readers.


A few things to reiterate: Never stop asking and Always have your say. 

No comments: