Thursday, June 14, 2012

My Ticket to FMS...


I really wanted to write something when I was leaving Kathmandu on 10th of June, for my start of a new life at New Delhi trying to anticipate how I would feel once I am at a home away from home. However, I did not want to play my imagination into it and indeed wanted to wait and experience the feelings first-hand and then share it afterwards with authentic experiences. (Although I have a sweet memory of my two years of Hostel Life, nevertheless, it was ‘Hostel’ life for a limited meaning).

Farewell at the Taxi:

Yes, it was very obvious for me and family members to wave the hands because this time I was not going for a short tour or visit with a promise to return back within a week or so. (Alike the many other previous trips to New Delhi). With more and heavy luggage this time, the adieu was a bit more heart rendering.

At Bhairawa:

I stayed for almost 9 hours at Lumbini Flour Mill with absolute comfort. Special thanks to Amit Dai, his and subsequently my Jijaji- Again Amit Jijaji! And of course, to Jayprakash jee. That was still a homely environment and managed to do a bit of Official task as well [Janakitech knows it ;) ]. Overall, a nice experience.

At Gorakhpur Railway Station:

Almost two hours before the scheduled departure of the GKP-ANVT SPL Train, I reached the AC Waiting Lounge, dragging the Trolley of the luggage. And now, I was already starting to miss the evening dinner that we took at home, together. The hot air from the fan of the train made me miss the weather of Kathmandu more so than ever. I managed to sleep, and guess what a sound sleep!

At the ANVT Railway Station:

I must thank GOD for my arrival at the station safely with the entire luggage. It happened for the first time in my lonely-travel history: I was still sleeping at around 1:45pm in the afternoon when the train reached the destination when a fellow passenger from the next compartment woke me up. I was shocked to see my compartment empty but with the entire luggage! I hurriedly deboarded and took an Auto to my relative’s place at Kingsway Camp.

My FMS Saga:

The final and most significant task of this trip. Alternatively, the first step of a new beginning. The experience that is worth sharing here is that Delhi University (North Campus) or the entire Vishwavidhyala area would seem like a road puzzle initially until you have finally put your footsteps in every possible footpaths and Margs. Indeed, in search of Hostels and the PhotoStat services, you will have walked all the possible ways! However, irrelevant to say here, as far as the Hostel admissions are concerned, they are not very student conducive, despite being that the facilities are highly commendable.

My Fresh Yesterday:

Delhi’s freaking hot weather duly reminded me of water to quench my body’s need for water. However, the FMS Saga temporarily stopped me from actually missing my family. I am disheartened by myself for this. However, there was something to rejuvenate my mood last night. My small sister made me proud when she successfully video-and-voice-chatted with me for the first time and in fact it was her debut chat in her Internet usage history. (My lessons paid off :) ) I am simply happy.

Concluding Note- Absence of one versus Absence of Many:

To everybody out there in Kathmandu (or Nepal as a whole) who know me, probably they might be missing just a single person- me. But I simply can’t explain you the story on my part- one who is missing not just a single person but an army of near and dear ones. I just want myself to make the most of this departure that I have been facing currently. As it is said, a troubled present begets a brighter tomorrow. Just need enough wishes and blessings to recharge my strengths so that I can trade this present for better future, as envisioned by me, my family members, and my loved ones and dear friends.

No comments: