Sunday, June 17, 2012

Blessed, to have you in my Life!



Wow! What a coincidence. It’s my 17th Post and today is 17th of June- more so- Father’s Day!

On this special occasion, I would like to share a very special story that I encountered during the Inspirational Session of Mr. Sujit Lalwani that I had attended. Very relevant and very powerful. The story is reproduced below:
 
A small kid wanted to play football and learn the game very well. So, he started his lessons with a very profound coach. Every day he went into the practice ground early morning. His father would be sitting on a bench and his face wearing a smile, directed towards the son practicing. This was an everyday routine for days and weeks and months. In the initial days, the coach was trying to transfer the very basic skills of the game to the child but to no avail. Months passed by but the kid could not improve on his football skills. Yet, the patient coach did not give up. He continued to guide him.

Almost a year passed by without any improvements. More so, the coach noticed that the kid’s father stopped coming to the grounds just a few weeks ago. The coach thought that the father was too upset to see his son not improving.

A few more days passed by. Soon, the country was going to finalize the national team for the kids international football match. The child requested the coach to include him as well in the team. But the coach was horrified at his request. He said, “Son, how can I include you in the national team when, in the practice of so many months, you have not showed any signs of improvement in your playing skills?”. The kid replied, “Sir, please give me just one chance. I beg you. I promise you that I will not let you down this time. I also promise that I will be the highest scorer in the match. Please believe me just one time.” The coach was very touched with the kid’s pardon and granted him this chance.

On the day of the match, it was a miracle to watch, especially for the coach. The kid who performed hopelessly during his one year training session was the star of the entire match. Goals after goals. Cheers and accolades all around. It was simply unimaginable for the coach!

After the match, the coach summoned the kid and asked, “What was so different today that you showed up such a brilliant performance?”

The kid replied, “Sir, it is almost a month that my father died. He could not see me practice all those days because he was blind. But today, I guess he could see me from the heaven and he must have been really happy today to see me play well. It was just my desire to make him real happy and proud that I got the strength to play this well.”


The story might seem hypothetical but there is no harm in seeing it as a true story. Why? Because it portrays what it means to be a father and a child. The father, despite being blind, wore a smile just to encourage his child to play well. To a father, a child is always his Rockstar no matter what. The child, despite a history of poor performances, did miracle just to make his father happy and proud. To a child, a father is always his Role model.

And now something from my side.  Father is a characterization of चेहरा एक, रूप अनेक (one face, multiple roles)
FATHER is a -
F- Friend, with whom you can share your feelings and whims
A- Angel, who is ever-ready to bestow you with your desires and wishes
T- Teacher, who will give you the lessons of facing life and its challenges
H- Hero, whom you always want to emulate
E- Emperor, who rules the house with his wits and takes informed decisions
R- Rescuer, who is the savior for you, all the times, in any circumstances

Dedicated to my Father, who has always fulfilled his roles without any compromises.  :) 


No comments: