Sunday, August 24, 2014

Some relived memories and some fresh ones…

When you are a college student, you so much long for it to be over and desperately wait to enter your professional life. And once you have ended your college life and a couple of months into your professional life, if you happen to relive the similar moments once again even for a day, you feel nostalgic and wish that you were still a college student!

It happened with me in my recent trip to Pune from Mumbai where I visited bro +Rajat Bajaj  to spend my last weekend. Yes, he is pursuing BBA and lives with his college friends in a flat. I was a warmly welcomed guest/big bro there. Although I had lived in a hostel during my MBA, I am well-versed with the life of a college student living in a shared flat with friends.

This visit freshly reminded me of how much we cherish our un-managed life during college-years. No schedule. No time-table for food. Jab jago tab sabera! Search for fresh clothes amidst the heap of clothes lying at a corner. The 2am ride for a cup of tea. The care-free attitude because you are away from home. And at times, wishing goodnight when the rooster does cock-a-doodle-doo and the rest of the world start their morning.

I am equally thankful to Rajat and his friends who made me a part of their daily chaos, even just for a day. Speaking in Nepali after so many days with him and his friends. Shopping for vegetables and spices for the kitchen. Indeed, I was really pleased to see their cooking skills when we started to prepare dinner at 11pm and ate our dinner at 1:30am. And then the drive to the 24x7 CCD with +Tapan Waval  and the 4 of us at 2am. (Rajat and friends will not forget the ‘gyan’ that Tapan gave while he was our audience to the 1:30 am dinner!)

And then, after my 2.5 hours of sound sleep, I woke up as excited as others for our bike trip to Lohagadh Fort. Ajay, Rabindra and Rajat were the owls that night. Nevertheless, it was almost after 2 months that I rode a bike (Rajat prefers calling it a bike, although Honda Activa is a scooty) and that too for a long ride. (Getting the scooty is altogether a different story). Now, some moments during the journey were memories afresh. For the first time, I rode a scooty, without a helmet, with the rains making it an enjoyable challenge.

It was fun after a long time. A scenic and pleasant trek after a 80 km ride. Away from work. Near to the nature. Serene and calm. Some challenging feats while climbing up the hills and reaching the Vinchukata fortification. The excitement at the top and sitting at the corner of the hill. The trip was indeed a complete package for me at least.


Grateful to you, Rajat, for planning out the weekend in a fantastic manner. Time to plan for upcoming weekends!

No comments: